Welcome to the 100K
The 100K group of vaping businesses has one purpose: to ensure that by the end of 2016 vapers continue to have a big range of affordable and attractive products. This requires us to block bad regulation where we can and to help each other navigate it where we can’t. The European Union’s Tobacco Products Directive threatens to wipe most products of the shelf and delay new ones with a raft of expensive regulation. 100K is not just about helping businesses survive and thrive – it is about ensuring vapers don’t go back to tobacco.
Impact of the TPD from May 2016
• A reduced choice of products
• An increase in cost per ml of e-liquid
• An increase in plastic waste
• An increase in tax & less UK jobs
• More likely to return to smoking
• Having to turn to the black market
• A potential loss of business
• A loss of direct and indirect jobs
• An unnecessary increase in costs being passed to consumers
• A loss of competitiveness against the big brands
The Goals of 100K:
Every year in the UK over 100,000 people die from smoking related illnesses. It is the single biggest cause of preventable death in Britain. Vaping is the single most effective means for people to stop smoking tobacco. It is far more popular than nicotine gum and patches and the Prime Minister has told the House of Commons that one million people have successfully quit through vaping. So to remind everybody that the bottom line is public health we have named our campaign 100 Thousand to represent the number of deaths caused by smoking tobacco every year.
Who supports 100K
Our supporters include E-Cigarette Direct, Flavour Vapour, Lonjas, Planet of the Vapes, Simple Vape, Sparks e-cig and Vape Club. We are also backed by Clive Bates and Oliver Kershaw.
Who runs 100K
100K is organised on behalf of all the companies and everyone else involved by Ian, Marie and Emil of the Abzed political and media relations consultancy. If you want to find out more, email your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get involved
- Sign the petition below to warn politicians just how serious you are about vaping.
- Write a short email to your local MP saying why you’re so worried that the TPD is going to ban the product you love and that you are currently using to kick smoking. We’ve made this simple and all you need to do is follow the instructions on the ‘Take Part’ page.
- Share, Post & Tag the 100K campaign link on all your social media pages.
- Donations: Please put whatever you think is affordable into the campaign through PayPal. Any help can make a difference.
- Send us your logo by email at email@example.com.
- Become a supporting member. The bigger businesses are paying £2k a month and are given oversight of the campaign and first opportunities for media coverage. Smaller regular contributions are also very much appreciated and are being sent weekly update on how the campaign is going and tailored advice on how to minimise regulatory costs.
- Mobilise your customers to get involved in the social media campaigns run by 100K including the petition.
- Put us in touch with celebrity vaping customers.
- Apply for a 100K campaign kit which includes posters, flyers and stickers.